I've been looking for some names that change meaning with slight modifications to spelling. Some I've found (I hope they are not too obscure)
Ash (tree) and Asha (fire)
Bartholomew (friendly; earthy) and Bart (persistant)
Carl (kingly) and Carlos (sensual)
Darrel (blue sky) and Darrell (loved man)
Erv (good looking) and Ervine (sea-lover) which brings up a good point. How many Erv's have we known that are good looking? I wonder what percentage of names are picked for the meaning associated with them and how many are picked for the sound of the name. Really, what are the chances in many cases that the meaning will turn out to be a reflection of the actual person associated with them. Then again, there must be some reason to pick names like "Erv".
More names to follow. Keep them coming.
N
One Month
13 years ago

1 comment:
Giving this blogging idea a try. Check out OlympicView as a site
Post a Comment