Friday, October 19, 2007

Jim Bob


We know its a little soon, but we've been going through a name book recently. Its surprising how many names out there have been modified just a bit (or a lot) and completely change the meaning. My favorite, of course, is Jimbob. I warned A&T that I would have to call their youngest this, and now their child has a name that means countrified. My next post will have a list of other names that completely change meanings when modified. Feel free to post your own finds.

N

3 comments:

Essie said...

LOVE the picture. The 6 months pics of our Jim Bob are cute but don't exactly scream "countrified" but this one certainly does.

One of mine - Homer=Hostage, Homey=friend from the neighborhood.

I suggested this to A&T, but they didn't seem to like it, maybe you will. Zev for a boy. It means "wolf". (I really do like Zev, but don't expect anyone else to).

And then there's always the literal "Benathan" (son of Nathan) pronounced something like Bene-than. Or "Franbat" (daughter of Fran), although this sounds a bit too much like "fembot", which I'm not keen on at all.

Essie said...

Or "Franfilia" works for daughter of Fran too.

Mama's House said...

You guys sure you want to do this?
I mean Sara has just started and look what she's already come up with!

Awnt C